<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Traffic, SEO tips and affiliate for you
A place you can trust
Menu Home Free Traffic SEO Secret Home

DEVIL SEO secret

Thursday, May 04, 2006
Warning: Do NOT following this method if you are not willing to take risk!

What is cloaking ?

cloaking is the technique of returning different pages according to who or what is requesting them. For example, a surfer would receive the actual page while a search engine spider would receive another page but with the false assumption that it is exactly the page surfers see.

Then, Why cloaking ?

The purposes of cloaking for search engine optimization are to hide highly optimized pages from people, so that they can't be stolen, and to provide search engine spider with highly optimized pages that wouldn't look particularly good in browsers.

There are three ways of cloaking . One is "IP delivery", where the IP addresses of spiders are recognized at the server and handled accordingly; another is "User-Agent delivery", where the spiders' User-Agents are recognised, and the third is the first two combined.

Is cloaking ethical?

Let me put it this way. Search engines do it all the time. For instance, Google delivers different pages according to where in the world the surfer is located. People in the UK receive AdWord advertisements that are relative to the UK, and people in the U.S. receive AdWords that are relative to the U.S. Google delivers different pages according to the surfer's IP address. That's IP delivery, and that's cloaking .

Also, from time to time, search engines prevent certain people from gaining access to their .com versions. Instead, by checking the surfers' IP addresses, they redirect people to their localized versions - even when the surfers really do want to go to the .com version! Again, that's IP delivery, and that's cloaking .

Because the search engines do it, it is clear that cloaking isn't instrinsically unethical or wrong. If it's ok for the search engines to do it, then it must be ok for everyone else to do it. So what is it about cloaking that some people are dead against?

There is no sensible answer to that. The general idea is that serving people one page and serving the search engines a different page is simply wrong, because the engines are ranking the page according to what they believe it to be and not according to what it actually is. That idea is purely a matter of principle, and nothing at all to do with common sense.

The common sense view is that, if a page is ranked correctly, according to its topic, then surfers will find it in the search results, click on it and go to exactly where they expect to go to from reading the listing in the search results. It doesn't matter how the page came to be ranked in that position, and it doesn't matter if another page took its place when the engine was evaluating it. As long as it is ranked correctly, according to its topic, surfers are perfectly happy.

The fact that cloaking can be used to send people to sites and topics that they did not expect to go to when clicking on a listing in the search results, is an excellent reason to be against the misuse of cloaking , but it is no reason at all to be against the cloaking technique in general.

An example of how cloaking can actually help Google
Google's crawlers won't spider pages that have anything that looks like Session IDs in their URLs. If they did, they run the risk of spidering a potentially infinite number of pages, because each page that is requested would contain links to other pages, and the link URLs would contain the current session ID, which makes them different URLs than the last time the page was requested. And so it would go on and on and on, producing a vast number of unique URLs to spider and index.

It means that Google won't spider most of the pages on some websites. But Google actually wants to spider most or all of each website's pages. The solution is to cloak the pages. By spotting page requests from the Google spiders, and delivering modified pages without the normal Session IDs in the link URLs, Google is able to spider all of a site's pages. This is precisely what Google wants, it's what the website owner wants and, if asked, it would be what sufers want. It helps everybody and harms no-one.

This example alone demonstrates that cloaking is not intrinsically wrong or unethical. The technique can be used unethically, but it has various perfectly ethical uses.


How is cloaking done?

A simple way of doing it on an Apache server is by using the .htaccess file with the mod_rewrite module. With an .htaccess file in place, every file request is subject to it.

The .htaccess file has many uses but, for cloaking purposes, it employs Apache's mod_rewrite module to check for the search engine spiders' IP addresses, User-Agents, or both. If a spider is detected, then mod_rewrite is used to return a page that has been specially designed for spiders. If the requester is not a spider, then the request goes through as normal and the normal page is returned. Spiders are not aware of the switch. As far as they are concerned, they are getting the page that they requested.

Comment:


Conclusion:














4:45 PM :: ::
43 Comments:
  • Hi - Wow - Great Content - Surfing and came across your site - I found what I was looking for
    Thanks
    http://hckpublishing.com/aquarium/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:45 PM  
  • Hey friends! Looks like we have some cool tips here. I am finally starting to get grip of what's SEO all about. And hey, if you wanna have a real cool keyword analysis tool, check this one - Keyword Difficulty Checker. It's fairly basic but it did the job for me. Moreover, guys and gals, it's FREE.

    Thanks,
    Christina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 AM  
  • Hey Guys if you have been dumped by adsense or given the run around by Yahoo then you need to look at this, Fair Ads Network are only taken 10,000 members then they are closing the doors, I suggest that you take a look Now before its too late : http://fairadsnetwork.com/034704959097

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:28 PM  
  • yahoo personals canada

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:21 PM  
  • Re check web site hit and this blog this is the latest big think in website traffic and money making generation.

    "Generate thousands of links back to your website with Lin Referral. Link Referral is completely free and if you want you can upgrade to sell the links on to others. Link Referral takes website SEO to a new level and before long you could be on page 1 of google and earning considerable sums of money. Some people are earning thousands from Link Referral"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:55 AM  
  • Search Engine Marketing I have found a proven method anyone can implement to very easily earn an extra $500, $1,000 or even $5,000+ every single week, with only 15 minutes of your time, and create a significant ongoing monthly income. This method is a no-nonsense, set it and forget it system, which will virtually run on 100% autopilot. People just like you are earning enough money to quit their jobs within the first month. Stop worrying about the bills, cancel your daily commute, never leave your family for a job that is making someone else rich, and start living your life the way YOU choose! New fail-safe system virtually runs 100% on autopilot. Just set it and forget it! - Please visit Atomic SEO

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 PM  
  • Great blog....now...ADVICE TIME!! - If you need more blogging secret site traffic web then congratulations I've come to the right place, try blogging secret site traffic web - this is the best place online to get massive volumes of internet traffic back to your blog for blog publicity purposes. Within a week I had trippled my volume of traffic - Signup is free and before you know it you will flying up the Google search egine - guaranteed!! - Signup is free you have nothing to lose. Best of luck with it and continued success with your blog!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:06 PM  
  • russian seeking woman

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:24 AM  
  • ads dating free free online personals

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:52 PM  
  • ads dating free free online personals

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:42 PM  
  • Watiti.com
    Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com, an online social networking community that connects people from all over the world.

    Meet new people, share photos, create or attend events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards, listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

    See you around! Bring all your friends too!

    Watiti.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:52 AM  
  • http://www.watiti.com

    Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com, an online social networking community that connects people from all over the world.

    Meet new people, share photos, create or attend events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards, listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

    See you around! Bring all your friends too!

    http://www.watiti.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:53 PM  
  • business free from home work

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:46 AM  
  • Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have an **Affiliate Marketing** site/blog. It pretty much covers **Affiliate Marketing** related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 AM  
  • austin in man man seeking

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 AM  
  • .





    Hi matey

    I'm sure it was this blog I was reading a while back where someone was looking for an SEO tool for driving more traffic and get more hits for their website.

    Anyway, I was speaking to a techi guy at work who gets to know all the latest stuff and he uses the free Link Referral Program.

    His website on affordable web site promotion amongst other stuff has seen traffic explode since he started using the Link Referral Program - consequently his affiliate sales commissions and business sales went through the roof PLUS his website increased in google ranking which was an added bonus!!

    If anyone else has any good ideas for driving more traffic to blogs/websites then please share with your online business blog buddies. Ta ;-)










    .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:32 PM  
  • .









    RE: business card credit



    Thanks for recommending the free Link Referral Program for search engine optimization (seo) - I've signed up and am considering upgrading to the affiliate program - looks like a winner to me!!








    .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:57 AM  
  • Hey, I recently added a news widget from www.widgetmate.com to my blog. It shows the latest news, and just took a copy and paste to implement. Might interest you too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:46 PM  
  • I am young SEO professional and like to read quality article on such informative topic. this help me a lot.

    free dating sites

    By Blogger mayur vyas, at 7:00 AM  
  • You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually something
    that I think I would never understand. It seems
    too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your
    next post, I'll try to get the hang of it!

    Feel free to visit my page ...
    My web site ::

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:27 AM  
  • We are a group of volunteers and starting a new
    scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with useful information to work on.
    You've performed an impressive job and our entire community will likely be thankful to you.
    My blog : bacalao

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:20 AM  
  • Thanks for finally writing about > "DEVIL SEO secret" < Loved it!
    Feel free to visit my homepage :: where to get A Mortgage loan With bad credit

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:37 AM  
  • Quality articles is the main to be a focus for the viewers to pay
    a quick visit the web page, that's what this site is providing.
    Feel free to surf my blog post search optimization companies

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:52 AM  
  • you are really a excellent webmaster. The web site loading speed is amazing.
    It seems that you are doing any unique trick. Furthermore, The
    contents are masterwork. you have performed a great activity on
    this topic!
    My web-site - sofortkredit für selbstständige

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:05 PM  
  • Hi there, this weekend is nice designed for me, as this occasion i am reading this impressive educational article here at my
    house.

    Feel free to visit my blog post :: http://www.Chickcomedy.com
    my page :: bad credit history loans

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:42 PM  
  • I drop a leave a response whenever I like a post on a blog or I have something to contribute to the conversation.
    Usually it's triggered by the fire communicated in the post I browsed. And after this post "DEVIL SEO secret". I was moved enough to post a comment :-) I do have a few questions for you if you don't mind.
    Could it be simply me or does it look like some of the responses appear like coming from brain dead individuals?
    :-P And, if you are writing on additional social sites,
    I'd like to follow you. Could you make a list the complete urls of all your communal pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

    Here is my blog post; Optimization Search engine
    My webpage :: top rank seo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:18 PM  
  • Your style is so unique compared to other folks I've read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you've got the
    opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this site.


    My webpage - freiwillige krankenversicherung

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:29 AM  
  • Waiting until later iѕ knοwn аs а ωіi u of
    tіme LMAO

    Hеre іs my blog: http://Www.wiichip.org/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:43 AM  
  • Xbox1 happens to be sensitive anԁ giving lmao

    Check out my web blog: xboxkinect.Se

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:27 AM  
  • Admiring the persistence you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.
    It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't
    the same out of date rehashed information. Great read!
    I've saved your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.



    My blog post privat krankenkassen vergleich
    My web page :: leistungen gesetzliche krankenkasse

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:23 PM  
  • Every weekend i used to pay a visit this web page, for the reason that i wish for
    enjoyment, for the reason that this this site conations genuinely nice funny data too.


    Here is my webpage: domain and hosting

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 AM  
  • Hey There. I found your blog the use of msn. This is a really smartly written article.
    I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of
    your useful information. Thanks for the post.
    I will definitely comeback.

    Here is my web site: Benutzer:LeilaLyle – Wikiwallis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:00 AM  
  • It's really a cool and helpful piece of information. I'm glad that you shared this helpful information with us.

    Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you
    for sharing.

    Also visit my web blog: markenkleidung günstig online kaufen
    Also see my web page - metzingen outlet online shop

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:05 PM  
  • I truly love your blog.. Excellent colors & theme.

    Did you build this site yourself? Please reply back as
    I'm planning to create my own personal website and would like to know where you got this from or just what the theme is named. Many thanks!

    my web page - freiwillig versichert gesetzliche krankenkasse

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:21 PM  
  • What's up colleagues, fastidious article and pleasant urging commented at this place, I am truly enjoying by these.

    my blog ... web hosting cpanel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:15 AM  
  • I was curious if you ever considered changing the layout of your website?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so
    people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having
    1 or 2 pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?


    Here is my blog - business entrepreneurial

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 AM  
  • My coder is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
    But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using
    Movable-type on a number of websites for about a year and am nervous about switching to another platform.
    I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.net.
    Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it?
    Any kind of help would be really appreciated!

    my homepage; best way to get a home loan with bad credit

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:18 AM  
  • Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this site, because i wish for
    enjoyment, as this this web site conations in fact nice funny stuff
    too.

    Take a look at my blog - Katherine Jung: Public profile

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:51 AM  
  • This article will help the internet people for creating new weblog or even a blog from start to end.


    Also visit my site: pkv vergleich online

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:12 AM  
  • Hey! I realize this is sort of off-topic but I needed to ask.

    Does operating a well-established website such as yours require a lot of work?

    I'm completely new to blogging but I do write in my diary on a daily basis. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my own experience and thoughts online.
    Please let me know if you have any kind of ideas or tips for brand new aspiring
    blog owners. Thankyou!

    Here is my webpage - affiliate marketing money

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 AM  
  • Hi, every time i used to check blog posts here in the early hours in the dawn,
    as i love to gain knowledge of more and more.

    Also visit my homepage: related web page

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 PM  
  • Ϲаn I ϳust say what a comfoгt tо unсoνer somеboԁy
    who gеnuinеly knows what they are discuѕѕing on
    the web. You definіtely understаnԁ how to brіng a pгoblem to light and make it important.
    Moге peoρle need to look аt thiѕ and undеrѕtand
    this side of your stοry. It's surprising you're not more popular sinсе you mοst certainly have the gift.


    Μу website :: carpet cleaning in phoenix

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:41 AM  
  • Here you can sell and buy both new and used products.
    Free classified sites are perfect for selling just about anything at all.
    More at free classified ads

    By Blogger Ethan Smith, at 12:44 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Crazy Affiliate :: permalink